Custom kitchen cabinets are cabinets that are created keeping in mind the design, space and specifications of your kitchen. With these cabinets you are assured of maximum space utility as well as maximum effectiveness. Custom kitchen cabinets are indeed the best solution for making the most of what you have.
Who wouldn’t want to design their kitchen cabinets? It is a luxury that few can afford, but they look so superior; they fit the individual kitchen’s special dimensions, and they have little extras that make them even better. Custom kitchen cabinets make the most of your home’s environment.
If you want something special, you have a playing field’s full of colors, shapes, materials, finishes and styles, you name it. It’s almost too much to pick. Then you can have the luxury of having an established contractor come and hang your custom kitchen cabinets for you. This is a great way to go if you want your kitchen to reflect your personality.
With your custom kitchen cabinets you get a warranty, which is always reassuring. The warranty is in place because the manufacturer takes pride in what they produce and they are willing to answer for any problems. They know unhappy customers really talk. Regular stock kitchen cabinets, regardless of their materials, rarely have a warranty. Many of them are made of products like pressed wood (also known as particle board or fiberboard) that just aren’t going to last at all. Hardwood, on the other hand, will be there for generations.
Another pleasure of handmade cabinets is that there are none that are just like them. Custom kitchen cabinets show your taste and respect for fine workmanship. These are all yours, and only yours.
Sometimes you need to match kitchen cabinets that you already have hanging. Custom cabinets are the best choice for that. It would be nearly impossible to find a match at a yard sale.
You can rest easily knowing that when you buy custom kitchen cabinets, you have the best of the best. Everyone would like them. The thing that makes you rationalize this expenditure is that they are worth every penny that you put into them. If you plan on selling your home in the future, you are going to be able to hike your price up to match the special uniqueness of your home.
Buying tips for custom kitchen cabinets
1. So many people have buyer’s remorse when spending a lot of money on themselves. You need not have it under these circumstances. People must make priorities when they begin working on their homes. Some people want the most beautiful mosaic floor that they can buy, and some people want stunning cabinetwork. The decision usually comes down to the lifestyle of the family that is living there.
2. Keep your ears open when you hear a conversation about local custom cabinet makers. Some are excellent and make the transition clean and easy. The others, often in the majority, do not have the background or skill to install something this exceptional. Get recommendations before you hire anyone. Here are some tips on hiring kitchen remodeling contractors.
3. Every little thing that you have added to your new custom kitchen cabinets is going to jack up the price. Bins, boxes, Lazy Susans, beautiful knobs and handles and just the whole intricacy of the job are going to make it more expensive. Just make sure that when you do decide to sign the bottom line, you know exactly what colors, textures and extras that you need to make you happy.
4. Look through interior design magazines and visit furniture stores to get ideas. You could even try using kitchen cabinet design software.
5. Always pick hardwood for your custom kitchen cabinets. Here are some examples of hardwood: walnut, mahogany, oak, hickory, cherry and maple. They are durable and will last years more than ones made of softwood.
6. If you feel overwhelmed by the cost you have just accrued, you can have your custom kitchen cabinets delivered unfinished. You can finish and/or paint them yourself, and if you’re handy, you can install them too.
Custom kitchen cabinets maintenance
Follow all maintenance instructions for your custom kitchen cabinets. Beautiful things need care and respect.
To clean your cupboards, you can use warm water, a soft cloth and a mild soap. Never use chemicals or acetone.
Leave no water sitting on the wood as it can damage your finish. In between washes, dust and polish them when you’re doing the rest of your furniture. If you do this, your custom kitchen cabinetry will look spectacular for many years.
8 thoughts on “Custom Kitchen Cabinets Review”
Custom cabinets are the greatest joy of any home maker as one gets to whatever they please with their given space in their home. From kitchen to bathroom and bedroom, custom cabinets make life easy and utilize every corner of the house really well.
The above cabinets look gorgeous!! I love the cabinet design. Thanks for sharing an article about custom kitchen cabinets.
Always make sure your custom kitchen cabinets reflect your personality!
It is important to hire a good contractor and negotiate regarding the making and installing of custom-built cabinets if these are what you want. Make sure to select cabinets with superior quality so that the furniture will become durable and minimize deterioration.
It is of a great belief that custom cabinets are relied on the aspect of how these furniture match the specification of an area, e.g. kitchen. Custom-build designs are highly recommended to sophisticated areas where normal cabinet sizes do not match. Color-matching can also be fun if you’re thinking of custom cabinets for your home.
Indeed, custom made cabinets are expensive but I am totally into it. It is really a great feeling that you get the designs you want or the materials you need. In term of such things, I guess that it is totally fine to spend on things that will give you great sense of satisfaction and fulfillment than to have that regret for not doing so. Thank you for sharing this post.
It would be nice to organize the items in your kitchen just the way you like it. You do not even have to follow the usual design or layout of your cabinets and shelves for you can customize them to fit the space perfectly. The choice of wood and color theme will be based on your preference as well. Consult with your contractor and say your allotted budget for your customized cabinets.
Quite an article. It’s always best to start by talking with a professional custom kitchen remodeling company. Thanks for sharing!